Clinical Services positions in Prospero Health are part of a community-based interdisciplinary care team of palliative care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero Health? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you’ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker is a member of the interdisciplinary team whose primary function is to provide assessments of the psychosocial and economic needs of the patient, provide support for patient coping with advanced illness, facilitate conversations related to the patient goals of care and end of life issues, provide caregiver support, and connect patients / families with community resources.
- Visit patients facing serious illness in their homes to conduct a psychosocial assessment of emotional, social, and environmental strengths and challenges related to their diagnosis, illness, treatment, and home environment
- Help patients and families to articulate goals of care, utilizing appropriate clinical social work treatments and intervention, while maintaining the dignity of the patient
- Manage a caseload of palliative care patients / families
- Attending weekly interdisciplinary team meetings to collaborate with nurses, physicians and patient care coordinators regarding patient care
- Supporting the patients, families and caregivers with economic, psychosocial needs, community resources
- Maintain working knowledge of and liaison with community agencies and resources; assessing and appropriately referring patients / families
- Documenting patient visit notes and other documentation
- Support the health of the palliative care team
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in good standing
- Master’s Degree – level clinician in Social Work (MSW)
- 2+ years of Social Work experience, post Master’s Degree
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products including Word and Outlook
- Ability to travel throughout Queens, NY in patient’s homes
- Palliative care or hospice experience
- Experience working with patient and families dealing with serious illness and death
- Experience working with community resources
- Bilingual or multi – lingual
Careers with Prospero Health. Here’s the idea. The healthcare community has one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage healthcare decisions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Prospero Health brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Prospero Health, incredible passion to serve together with the best tools and resources to help our patients live their best life now.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Prospero Health is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Hospice, Palliative, social work, case management, SW, LMSW, LCSW, home care, long term care, geriatric, rehabilitation facility, bereavement